vanonthemove.co.uk is London based with capability of handling moves across UK, our team are highly professional and trained providing Services to their valued Customers with over 15 years experience, and has been performing an excellent and vital role in man and van hire and packing the customers goods.
These conditions set out the terms of the contract betweenvanonthemove.co.uk and you (“the Customer”) and explain your rights and obligations and responsibilities.
Quotations are subject to Value Added Tax but do not include any other customs duties levies or fees payable to government or other statutory bodies and all such duties or fees (if any) will be payable by you in addition to the quoted price. Although we quote a fixed price (from £35 per hour minimum 2h booking) we reserve the right to amend it or make additional charges if any of the following have not been taken into account when preparing the quotation:
- If due to any circumstances outside our control the work is not carried out or completed within three months of the quotation date.
- Our costs increase as a result of currency fluctuations or changes in taxation or freight charges beyond our control.
- We have to collect or deliver Goods above the first upper floor.
- We supply any additional services.
- There are delays outside our reasonable control in which event we will make an additional charge for waiting time calculated in accordance with our standard rates applicable at the time.
- Access to the collection or delivery point is inadequate or the approach is unsuitable for our vehicles.
- Any parking or other fees or charges that we have to incur and pay in order to carry out the services you require. In all these circumstances you will be responsible for the extra charges.
Our quotation is not a guarantee that we have vehicles available on the day you require. Accordingly your signed acceptance of our quotation does not constitute a contract between us until you have our written confirmation that we can move your Goods on your required date. We will send our written confirmation within one working day of our receipt of your acceptance of our quotation. Work excluded from our quotations unless previously agreed in writing we will not:
- Dismantle or assemble unit-furniture (flat-pack), fittings or fitments (and in any event these works will not be covered by any insurance provided.)
- Disconnect or reconnect appliances, fittings or equipment.
- Remove or lay fitted floor coverings.
- Take down or re-hang curtains, blinds or other window coverings.
- Move night storage heaters unless they are dismantled.
- Move or store any items excluded under Clause 4.
- Move any item or items which our removal crew reasonably believe they cannot move safely or the removal of which may damage the item or items in question or its or their surroundings.
The following items are specifically excluded from this contract and will not be removed. Such goods will not be removed by us except without prior written agreement. If you submit such goods without our knowledge and prior written agreement we will not be liable for any loss or damage except when death or injury is caused by our negligence or that of our employees or agents and you will indemnify us against any charges, expenses, damages or penalties claimed against us by third parties.
- Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins, or goods or collections of a similar kind.
- Potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items.
- Goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infection.
- Refrigerated or frozen food or drink.
- Any animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
- Cars, boats and caravans.
- Furs, perfumery, wines, spirits, tobacco, cigars, cigarettes, foodstuffs, perishable goods or any kind of explosives.
Declare to us the proper value of the Goods. Obtain at your expense all documents necessary for the removal to be completed. Be present yourself or appoint a representative at the departure and destination points to ensure that nothing is removed or left in error or is left in the wrong room. Prepare adequately and stabilise all appliances prior to their removal. Breakage of owner packed property unless the box or container shows signs of external damage. Other than by reason of our negligence we will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or additional charges that may arise from any of these matters.
We may choose to repair or replace the damaged or lost item. However if we choose the repair the item we will not be liable for any depreciation in value. Other than because of our negligence, we will not be liable for any loss, damage or failure to deliver the goods if it is caused by any of the following circumstances: Fire howsoever caused. War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, terrorism, rebellion and/or military coup, act of God, industrial action or other such events outside our reasonable control. Normal wear and tear, natural or gradual deterioration, leakage or evaporation or from perishable or unstable goods. This includes goods left within furniture or appliances. Cleaning, repairing or restoring unless we did the work. Moth or vermin or similar infestation. Electrical or mechanical derangement to any appliance, instrument or equipment unless there is evidence of external impact. Additionally we will not be liable for any loss of or damage to: Any goods in wardrobes, drawers or appliances, or in a package, bundle, case or other container not both packed and unpacked by us. Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins, or goods or collections of a similar kind, unless you have previously given us full information including value, and we have confirmed in writing that we will accept responsibility. Goods which have a relevant proven defect or are inherently defective. Animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish. Plants. Refrigerated or frozen food or drink. Other than because of our negligence, we will not be liable for damages or costs resulting indirectly from, or as a consequence of loss, damage, or failure to deliver the goods. Unless we give a specifically agreed written timescale then arrival and departure times are an estimate only.
These Terms and Conditions together with our quotation are intended to form the whole agreement between us and to prevail over any verbal discussions. Should we mutually agree to any variation of these terms such variation should be confirmed in writing. Any variation however agreed shall never invalidate the remainder of these Terms and Conditions.
This contract is subject to the laws of England and Wales if our principal place of business is situated in England or Wales, or to the laws of Scotland if our principal place of business is situated in Scotland.